Based in Montreux, Switzerland
Explore and survive on an alien planet with your friends by building, crafting, hunting. Be part of the community and join the effort together to discover the secrets and leave your mark in the world to stand the test of time. All while the environment changes around you. Playable in single-player or online co-op, Wild Planet is a stylish low poly open world survival game set in a vast alien planet full of diverse biomes. In the game you’ll explore, hunt the indigenous giant alien bugs, build outposts and craft weapons and equipment as you attempt to survive and build a life for yourself in the hostile alien environment. The game is set on an ever-changing world shaped by players actions, Structures built by players are synchronised in the cloud and will spawn randomly in other players games.
What we always wanted to do was to work on games that had a strong narrative that could be told by its environment. We want the world to be a dumping ground of player constructions. It should feel like you missed an amazing battle and you’re just looking at the remnants of what happened. We created this game during the corona outbreak out of escapism. We wanted to counter what was happening in the world by creating a colorful relaxing sci-fi game. We wanted people to unwind by playing this game. Our core concept was to have layers of civilization set on a random planet and that each player was going to leave his mark on it. The secondary thing for us was the passing of time and the effect it had on the environment, in that sense players' constructions would decay as well which would make them part of the story of the planet. Our artistic vision pushed us toward Low-poly and to us it is an amazing way to create clarity through simplicity. For us the low-poly style can be seen as a gaming equivalent to minimalism and as huge fans of science fiction we wanted to focus on the fiction and merge the usual complicated universe of scifi with the low poly minimalism to give another perspective to the scifi genre. We want to give players the freedom to draw their way through the environment in any way they wish. If we do it right, we can create in-game narratives using the strengths of the medium without reliance on cut-scenes, dialogue, special effects, and user-interfaces.
- Environmental Narration
- Layers of civilizations
- Coop and worldwide cloud
- Evolution through cycles
Layers of Civilizations YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "SwissGames Showcase 2020" Switzerland, June, 2020
- "Canton de Vaud Video game grant" Switzerland, October, 2020
- "Finalist - Nordic Game Discovery Contest" Nordic Game, November, 2020
- "SwissGames Showcase 2021" Switzerland, January, 2021
- "SwissGames Matchbox 2021" Switzerland, March, 2021
- "London game festival official selection" London Game Festival, March, 2021
- "Best indie pitch PC/Console - 3rd place" Big Indie Pitch, March, 2021
- "It’s a great looking game with a striking visual style and streamlined and easily accessible take on the survival genre."
- Alpha Beta Gamer, Website
- "The low poly graphics and strange planets work wonderfully together. It remains exciting what the developer duo will do with Wild Planet."
- Indie games inside, Website
- "We are faced with a possible jewel"
- Natural Born Gamers, Website
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Lukyantsev Company
We're games studio and we make games. .
More information on Lukyantsev Company, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Wild Planet Credits
Business & Development, Game design/Art direction
3D Artist, Game Designer